Hair Thinning Scissors
At Scissor Hub Australia, we offer an exclusive range of thinning shears meticulously designed by industry professionals and crafted from high-grade Japanese or German steel. With our shears, hairdressers and barbers can create textured, layered looks - a must-have for any modern hairstyle.
What Are Thinning Scissors?
Thinning scissors are crucial tools used extensively in barbershops, hair salons, and by hairdressers. Characterised by sharp teeth on one side and normal cutting blades on the other, thinning scissors selectively remove hair caught between the teeth with each cutting motion, primarily trimming thick and curly hair.
Key Features of Our Thinning Scissors
- Precision and durability: High level of precision, ensuring a consistently clean cut and durability for long-lasting use.
- Ergonomic handle designs: Ranging from crane handles to offset, providing maximum comfort and control.
- Variety: Right and left-handed thinning scissors, available in unique styles; stainless steel, rainbow chrome, rose gold, matte black designs, and more.
- Hand-crafted: Each pair is crafted by industry professionals, requiring minimal maintenance for reliable use year in and year out.
How To Choose Hair Thinning Scissors?
You can buy hair thinning scissors either online or in physical retail stores. Online shopping allows you to find great deals, with products shipped directly from the warehouse to your door. Different types of thinning scissors are available at various price ranges:
- Thinning scissors for home hairdressers ($50-150).
- Hair thinning scissors for students and apprentices ($100-250).
- Professional hair thinning scissors ($150-500).
Thinning scissors differ in the amount of hair they remove per cut. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you may need to choose a specific type:
- 40% of hair can be cut off with 40 Teeth
- An estimated 35% reduction is possible with 30 teeth
- An estimated 25% reduction is possible with 20 teeth
- 16 Teeth can achieve an estimated 15% reduction
Our thinning scissors are usually available in 6 inches, but can also be ordered in 5" or 6.5" variants. At Scissor Hub Australia, we're dedicated to providing the best thinning scissors. If you need assistance or if you're looking for a specific shear not listed here, feel free to contact us.